To assist the agricultural entrepreneur in the face of technological, economic and societal changes in agriculture.
The "Agricultural Risk Management" chair aims to take stock of the current state of risks in agriculture and to build a model for managing these risks in order to offer farmers new decision-making tools.
The chairholder is Sylvie Lupton, HDR associate professor in economics.
Study and research program
The program of studies and research will focus on several themes:
- farmers in their perception of risk today and tomorrow, their strategies and decision making
- the distribution of risk among the actors in the commodity chains
- the contributions of new technologies to farm management - new activities, new measures of risk
- agriculture and society: new risk perimeters
Since the creation of the Chair in June 2014, student-engineer projects have been carried out every year.
- From September to December 2018, a group of seven fifth-year students finalized a project qualifying the risks by distinguishing four stages of a methanation project: the preliminary project, the business plan, the construction and finally the start-up of the unit.
- From October 2018 to April 2019, five groups of fourth-year students carried out projects on the performance criteria of the sectors that value and market their production themselves.
Teaching modules have been created in 4th and 5th grade to develop a culture of risk among engineering students in Agriculture and Agribusiness.
Our partner: Groupama Paris Val-de-Loire
Backed by its brands, Groupama, Gan and Amaguiz, the Groupama Group, one of France's leading mutual insurance companies, is developing its insurance, banking and service activities in eleven countries.
France's leading mutual insurance company, the group has 13 million members and customers and 34,000 employees worldwide, including 26,000 in France, with revenues of 13.7 billion euros.
Groupama is the leading insurer in agriculture.
Groupama Paris Val-de-Loire
Groupama Paris Val de Loire is one of the 9 regional entities of the Groupama Group. Located in 14 departments, including Paris and the Ile-de-France region, the Regional Bank has 1,600 employees and 2,700 elected directors who provide daily support for the insurance and banking projects of the company's 300,000 members and customers.
Its network of 160 branches, 195 local mutuals and 7 departmental establishments enable it to provide a comprehensive local insurance-banking-savings service in an area that covers nearly a quarter of the French population.
614.2 million, Groupama Paris Val de Loire confirms its position as a key player in the region.
Groupama Paris Val de Loire has a solvency margin of 1099%, more than 10 times the regulatory minimum.
Groupama Paris Val de Loire insures 70% of the farmers in its territory.
"Innovations for Agriculture. Emerging opportunities and risks" (November 26, 2021)
The international conference "Innovations for Agriculture - Emerging Opportunities and Risks" will take place on Friday, November 26, 2021 in Paris, at the Collège des Bernardins.