The Master’s in Bioscience, Plant Science, Eco-Production and Bio-Valorization (EcoBioValo) draws on the expertise of three higher education institutions – the University of Rouen Normandy, the University of Caen and UniLaSalle – to offer cutting-edge teaching and training in the fields of eco-production and bio-valorization.
The second year of this Master’s (the « Research » form of the program) is also open to students enrolled on the Agronomy and Agro-Industry Engineering program at UniLaSalle. This year is completed simultaneously with the UniLaSalle specialization program and leads to a dual degree (students from the two partner universities will only graduate with a single Master’s degree).
The aim of this program is to widen the professional expertise of UniLaSalle students in research methods and skills in the fields of plant physiology, plant ecophysiology, eco-production and crop bio-valorization.
Key information (for year 2 of the Master’s)
Venue: University of Caen / University of Rouen Normandy (Year 1) & UniLaSalle - Rouen campus (Year 2)
- Length of training: 1 year
- First-year Master’s required
- This program leads to two degrees: an engineering degree and a second-year Master’s
- In partnership with the University of Rouen Normandy and the University of Caen Normandy
- Acquisition of the latest knowledge in physiology, ecophysiology, plant biotechnology and agronomy to address the new challenges facing agriculture and the agro-industrial sector in terms of eco-production and bio-valorization of plant and algal agro-resources;
- Acquisition of expertise related to approaches in physiology, ecophysiology/agronomy, plant biotechnology and bio-valorization of plant agro-resources;
- Acquisition of skills to analyze the molecular and cellular mechanisms associated with plant response to biotic and environmental stresses, and methods and tools to diagnose the nutritional status and health of crops.
This page only has course details for year two of the Master’s program. For full details of both years of the Master’s, please see the University of Rouen Normandy website.
Teaching Unit 1: Agro-resources and processing (100 hours)
- Green chemistry
Teaching Unit 2: Focus on research (80 hours)
- Teaching Unit 3: Specialization (45 hours)
- For UniLaSalle students
Teaching Unit 3: Specialization (45 hours)
For UniLaSalle students
Specialization program provided as part of the Agronomy and Agro-Industry Engineering program.
For students from the Universities of Rouen Normandy and Caen
3 modules are chosen from the following 4:
- General economics
- General agronomy
- Intellectual property
Teaching Unit 4: Career development preparation (15 hours)
Managing a research project and dissertation
- Research component (compulsory for UniLaSalle students): internship for research-based final year dissertation (fundamental or applied research, in a public or private institute)
- Professional component: internship in a company
This internship will result in a written report and oral defense.
How to apply?
Applicants’ profile (for year two of the Master’s)
- You have completed the first year of the Master’s in Bioscience, Plant Science, Eco-Production and Bio-Valorization at the University of Rouen Normandy or the University of Caen
- You have completed the first year of a Master’s in a bioscience specialism at the University of Rouen Normandy or the University of Caen
- You have completed the fourth year of the Agronomy and Agro-Industry Engineering program at UniLaSalle
- You have completed four years (at least) in biology or an equivalent degree at another French or foreign university in agronomic sciences
Application and enrollment
- Pre-enrollment on the University of Rouen website (OPI procedure): EcoBioValo Master’s page on the University of Rouen website;
- Once you have completed your pre-enrollment, you will be able to access and fill in the application form. The completed form should be sent to the Master’s coordinators (names and addresses indicated on the application form) by June 15;
- A first selection will be made on the basis of the applications, and these applicants will be invited for an individual interview with an admissions panel;
- Selected applicants can enroll via the Administration Department of the University of Rouen or the University of Caen.