The Biosciences, Agrosciences, Ecoproduction, Plant Biotechnologies and Biovalorisation (EcoBioValo) Master's degree draws on the expertise of three higher education establishments (the University of Rouen Normandy, the University of Caen and UniLaSalle) to offer you cutting-edge training in the fields of ecoproduction and biovalorisation.
The 2nd year of this Master's degree, in its "Research" version, is accessible to students enrolled in the UniLaSalle Agronomy and Agro-Industries engineering course. It is followed in parallel with the UniLaSalle in-depth course and leads to a double diploma (students from the two partner universities will receive only the Master's degree).
The aim of this course is to broaden the professional skills of UniLaSalle students to include research methods and skills in the fields of plant physiology, plant ecophysiology, ecoproduction and the biovalorisation of crops.
Objectives of the master
- Acquisition of the most recent knowledge in physiology, ecophysiology, plant biotechnologies and agronomy to meet the new challenges facing the agricultural world and the agro-industrial sector in terms of ecoproduction and biovalorization of plant and algal agroresources;
- Acquisition of skills related to approaches in physiology, ecophysiology / agronomy, plant biotechnologies and biovalorization of plant agroresources;
- Acquisition of skills in the analysis of molecular and cellular mechanisms associated with the response of plants to biotic and environmental stresses and methods and tools for diagnosing the nutritional status or health of a crop.
Key information (for year 2 of the Master’s)
- Length of training: 1 year
- First-year Master’s required
- Training locations: University of Caen, University of Rouen Normandy and UniLaSalle campus of Rouen
- For UniLaSalle student-engineers who follow this course, this training leads to two diplomas: engineer and master 2
- in partnership with the University of Rouen Normandy and the University of Caen Normandy (UniLaSalle is co-accredited for the M2)
The Master 2 program
Only the Master 2 program is presented on this page. For complete information on the two years of the Master's program, please consult the website of the University of Rouen Normandy.
UE 1 : Agro-resources and transformations (100h)
- Green chemistry
UE 2 : Research orientation (80h)
UE 3 : Deepening (45h)
For UniLaSalle students
In-depth course provided in the Agronomy and Agro-resources engineering training.
For students from the Universities of Rouen Normandy or Caen
3 modules to choose from among the 4 :
- General economics
- General agronomy
- Intellectual property
UE 4 : Preparation for the professional project (15h)
Research project management and bibliographic thesis
Research component (mandatory for UniLaSalle students): MFE research internship (fundamental or applied, in a public or private institute)
Professional component: internship in a company
The internship is the subject of an internship report and a presentation.
- you have validated the first year of a Master's degree in Biosciences, plant sciences, ecoproduction, biovalorisation from the University of Rouen Normandy or Caen
- you have completed the first year of a Master's degree in a specialty of the Biosciences field at the University of Rouen Normandy or Caen
- you have completed the 4th year of the UniLaSalle Agronomy and Agro-industries engineering program
- you have validated at least a 4th year of biology or an equivalent diploma in another French or foreign university in agronomic sciences
- pre-registration on the website of the University of Rouen : see the page dedicated to the Master EcoBioValo on the website of the University of Rouen ;
- once pre-registered, you have access to the application file, to be sent to the Master's coordinators (names and addresses indicated in the file) before June 15;
- the selection is made on the basis of the application file
- Successful candidates can register with the schooling service of the University of Rouen or Caen.
- Registrations are made from April 23 to May 15, at the University of Rouen or from April 23 to June 15 at the University of Caen (You can choose to register at either institution).