The « Data Management and Decision Models » Master of Science is at the interface of cutting-edge technology and the agriculture and food industries. Topics of studiy include processing data from connected devices such as drones, satellites, tablets and smartphones and data on the behavior of stakeholders in a given field, and managing and analyzing big data for decision-making purposes.
It is widely believed that by 2020, big data will have had a revolutionary effect on companies in terms of management, research & development and marketing. The rapid development of digital technologies will result in the development of new approaches to agriculture, requiring new skills. The aim of the Master of Science is to train up data scientists for agriculture.
Salima Taïbi, Head of the Modeling Department
Venue: Rouen campus
- Length of training: 18 months
- Language: 80% English – 20% French
- Bachelor’s or first-year Master’s required
- Program type: conventional, block release, continuing education
- Tuition fees: Conventional program: EUR 8,360 / Continuing education: EUR 12,000
The Master of Science in Agricultural & Food Data Management provides 490 hours of teaching, including 20 hours of remote learning with the Polish Institute of Soil Science and Plant Cultivation (IUNG), and a 6-month internship in a company.
The first two semesters (September to June) are devoted to the acquisition of fundamental knowledge essential to the thinking and work of the urban specialist.
The third semester is devoted to a compulsory 6-month internship in a company or research center, and to the writing of a dissertation - thesis - essential for learning reflection, method and synthesis.
The Master of Science in Agricultural & Food Data Management is at the interface of cutting-edge technology and the agriculture and food industries. The program is designed to train up data scientists for the agricultural industry with expertise in data exploration and analysis.
The focus is on acquiring and applying IT and data mining techniques in the field of research and in companies and organizations involved in creating intelligence for agriculture.
The program offers solid, future-oriented training, drawing on a multidisciplinary teaching approach, the extensive experience of program staff in internship supervision, and partnerships with several teaching and research institutions.
- Agriculture and Event of Big Data
- Data Quality Management in Agriculture
- Data Analysis Applied to Agriculture
- Survey Methods
- Software Engineering
- IT Big Data Management I
- Cross Fields
How to apply?
- French or non-French applicants with a first-year Master’s or a Bachelor’s from another country specializing in biology, ecology or life and earth sciences; agricultural engineers
- Exceptionally, students with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent whose outstanding academic results or professional experience guarantee their success on the program
- 1st session : February 20, 2020
- 2nd session : April 30, 2020
- 3rd session : June 21, 2020
Start of the formation : October 1, 2020
- Data scientist / data miner
- Chief data officer
- Master data management
- Epidemiologist (animals and plants)
- Manager of animal health observatories
- Designer / developer
- Data designer
- Agricultural machinery designer
- Data / business analyst
- Research leader in agronomy