The objective of this specialized Master's degree is to train specialists capable of meeting the environmental challenges of companies and industries on a territorial scale, thanks to their knowledge and know-how in eco-design and territorial metabolism.
The Specialized Master's Degree in Circular Economy integrates all the knowledge, methods and tools necessary to innovate:
- Limiting the impact on the environment;
- Improving the financial and social performance of the structure;
- With an eco-efficiency objective, i.e. combining eco-efficiency and relevance;
- By integrating into a territorial logic.
At the end of this training, you will be able to :
- Develop innovative processes, products or services related to territorial issues.
- Study the feasibility of an industrial and territorial ecology project, define the adapted methodologies and technical tools.
- Supervise and coordinate an eco-efficient project and a multidisciplinary team.
- duration of training : 12 to 18 months
- language of instruction: French
- Master's required
- modalities : initial training or work-study (professionalization contract)
- training location : Rennes campus
- tuition fees: consult here
- accredited by the Conférence des Grandes Écoles
This professionally oriented training program benefits from close links with higher education institutions, research laboratories and the business world. These links guarantee both rigor and technique, management skills and a match with the needs of companies for executives and managers. Based on the "Executive" model, the training is carried out in alternating years and allows for the possibility of a professional activity.
The Master of Science (MSc) Circular Economy, accredited by the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles, combines several advantages:
- A diversified training to increase skills
- Numerous external interventions by specialized professionals
- A work-study program
- Group projects supervised by UniLaSalle associate professor
- A professional thesis in the field of each student's activities
- Skills at the service of the territories
Industrial ecology and territorial environmental management
84 hours (12 days)
- Approach and methodology of industrial and territorial ecology
- Systemic analysis tools and environmental management
- Territorial ecology and actor systems: policies, actors, territories
- Assessment and analysis in industrial and territorial ecology
- Resource recovery sectors
- Circular economy and bio-mimicry
- Examples of application in port territories
Eco-innovation project - case study (per group)
96 hours (14 days)
- Project management and conduct
- Project or case study
Nature, stakes and fields of eco-innovation
35 hours (5 days)
- The stakes of eco-innovation
- Nature, targets, fields and actors of eco-innovation
- The territory, an innovative environment
Eco-efficiency and environmental assessment
84 hours (12 days)
- Environmental assessment: from indicators to tools
- Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) concept and applications
- Eco-design approach and methodology
- From eco-design to eco-innovation
- Clean technologies and energy intensification of processes
- Industrial eco-design
- Example of an eco-design project
Innovation, entrepreneurship and management
49 hours (7 days)
- Management of an eco-innovative project
- Social and environmental responsibility
- Economic intelligence and innovation
- Sociology of innovation
- Promoting and supporting eco-innovation
- Forms of entrepreneurship
4 to 6 months in a professional setting
Work on the professional thesis can begin at the start of the academic year if the project is mentored. It will, in the end, be based on 4 to 6 months of professional experience. If work commitments are too great for those in employment, thesis writing can begin after the year of teaching and the course will therefore last 18 months.
The thesis leads to written reflection and an oral defense before an examining board.
At the end of the course, when the student has fulfilled all the requirements, the Ecole des Métiers de l’Environnement awards the Advanced Master’s degree, accredited by the French Conférence des Grandes Ecoles.
The training is intended for employees, students and job seekers. The application is eligible if you meet the following criteria:
- Engineering diploma or university diploma with 5 years of higher education
- Diploma from a management school conferring the grade of Master
- RNCP level I title
- Master 1 or bac +4, with a minimum of 3 years professional experience
- Foreign diploma equivalent to the French diplomas required above
Some candidates may be admitted on an exceptional basis.
Regarding diplomas, all disciplines are admissible, no specific pre-requisites are required. The purpose of the training is to cross cultures and profiles to enrich the exchanges between speakers and students.
The class is made up of people working in a company, local authority or design office wishing to acquire skills in the field of the circular economy in order to carry out an eco-innovative project (processes/products/services), people undergoing retraining, and young people who have just completed a five-year degree. Profiles of architects, economists, political scientists, engineers, computer scientists, etc. have already been accepted.
Admission based on application + motivation interview.
Procedure via an online application on our website.
- Back on the RDV of the circular economy 2022: professionals, specialists and students gathered to inform themselves and to think collectively about the possible economic models for companies and communities in the framework of the AGEC law. Videos and summary.
- Circular economy projects: a win-win work between external sponsors and students
- March 30, 2023: make a date for the next Circular Economy Rendezvous on the theme: How to integrate governance issues in the circular economy?
In large companies, industrial or eco-industrial groups
- Environmental Manager
- Technical Director
- Environment & Sustainable Development Project Manager
- Sustainable Development & CSR Manager
In a specialized research center
- Eco-Design and Environmental Assessment Consultant
- Waste and Industrial Ecology Consultant
- Consultant in Sustainable Development Strategy and Circular Economy
In a local authority, government agency (ADEME, DREAL), professional union or specialized association
- Industrial and Regional Ecology Coordinator
- Environmental Assessment Coordinator