The Spring Semester in Water and Environmental Management is an interdisciplinary program that focuses on processes that affect surface and groundwater transfer and quality.
The majority of the courses are taught by faculty from the AGHYLE research unit.
The curriculum includes theoretical courses (surface hydrology, hydrogeology, fluid mechanics), applied courses (soil physics and chemistry), monitoring and modeling tools (water quality, modeling of transfers in saturated zones, GIS), and courses on water resource management (ecological engineering, interactions with agricultural activities, depollution) Field trips and site visits are also planned.
The program runs from January to May.
The strong points of the training
The entire course is taught in English
30 ECTS credits / 15 US credits
French language course included for international students (2 ECTS credits / 1 US credit)
Use of recent equipment (hydrogeological platform)
Practical applications in the field
Certificate delivered by UniLaSalle
The Spring Semester in Water and Environmental Management is designed for students studying agriculture, life sciences, geosciences or environmental sciences.
Since the course is taught in English, an advanced or intermediate level of English is required, i.e:
- a minimum TOEIC score of 785
- or a minimum score of 534 on the TOEFL itp (or 227 on the TOEFLcbt and 72 on the TOEFLibt)
- or a minimum IELTS score of 5.5
Many courses are designed as prerequisites for other courses. If you intend to take targeted courses, consider attending these courses beforehand.
|Targeted course||Mandatory prerequisites|
|GIS applied to
applied to water
|Wetlands management||Watershed hydrology,
Selection on file
Application deadline: October 15
We stress the importance of the deadline for returning the requested documents; especially the transcripts of the recordings and the last proof of English level (785 in TOEIC or 534 in TOEFL). This deadline is also very important for the visa application process!
Accommodations: If you need a room on campus, please let us know in advance so that we can reserve it as soon as possible.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Tuition fees and other costs
- You are an Erasmus exchange student and are registered in an Erasmus partner university: no tuition fees
- You are a bilateral exchange student and are registered in a partner university or one that has a cooperation agreement with UniLaSalle: no tuition fees
- Other cases: 3 500 € tuition fees, plus 50 € non-refundable registration fees
Excursions are included in the program tuition fees, except for the one organized in May.
- University residence: 494 € / month for a single room or 270 € / month for a shared studio.
- Insurance (home insurance + social security (mandatory for non-European students): about 200 € / year
- Food : about 3,25 € / meal (breakfast is free)
- Public transportation: 8 € per month
- Equipment required: lab coat, laptop, adapter for plugs, field equipment (plastic boots, warm and waterproof clothing, hiking boots).
- Campus infrastructure package: 100 €.
- Excursions :
- Water management across agroecosystems (taught in Pisa, Italy): 200 €.
- 5-day field-trip: 300 €.