UniLaSalle is a French Higher Education Institution specialised in Environmental Sciences, Agriculture, Food & Health and Geosciences. UniLaSalle offers five-year engineering programs, three-year programs, Master’s, Advanced Master’s and MSc degrees in the fields of agriculture, food production, food and health, environmental science and geoscience. It has 3 campuses in Beauvais (Hauts-de-France), Rouen (Normandy) and Rennes (Brittany) which host in total 2900 students. UniLaSalle is accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education, the Ministry of Agriculture and the Commission of Engineering Degrees.
UniLaSalle has business chairs in Risks in Agriculture, Agro-ressources and biosourced materials, Plant Breeding and Agricultural Engineering and is supported by the local governments of Normandy, Brittany and Hauts-de-France. Students at UniLaSalle benefit from innovative pedagogical tools and work on real-world cases. Students at UniLaSalle benefit from a holistic educational project which emphasises academics but also to take responsibilities as a social being in society. UniLaSalle is the coordinator of Europe’s Master of Excellence in Plant Breeding (Erasmus Mundus Master in Plant Breeding emPLANT). The campus of Rouen proposes four postgraduate degrees: two Masters of Science "Agricultural & Food Data Management" and "Urban agriculture & Green cities", a Master “Biosciences, Plant sciences, ecoproduction and biovalorisation” and a Mastère spécialisé “Marketing, communication and food engineering”
New appointments will join a large and busy school of 140 academic staff, operating on three campus and numerous regional, national, European partners, with access to the range of teaching and research facilities of the largest French private school in Life Sciences. Committed to humanism, equity, creativity, we welcome students from a diverse range of backgrounds and countries.
As part of its activities, UniLaSalle is recruiting an assistant/associate Professor. The person recruited will strengthen the Agronomy and Agriculture department and the Agroecology Hydrogeochemistry, Environment and Resources (AGHYLE) research unit at the UniLaSalle Polytechnic Institute in the campus of Rouen (Normandy area, France). The AGHYLE agroecology team carries out research on the agronomic and ecological performance of cropping systems using a multidisciplinary approach.
- Teach and coordinate courses at Bachelor level in general ecology, and mainly for our English program: international sustainable agribusiness and food engineering, i-SAFE: Methods and ecology practices, biological diversity, management of terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems, anthropized and exploited ecosystems, protection of fauna and flora.
- Teach and coordinate courses at Master level: Ecological processes to promote environmental, social and economic sustainability of agricultural production; Management of ecosystem services for food production; Multifunctionality of agricultural ecosystems; Goods and services provided by agroecosystems (e.g. biodiversity, clean water, recreation and climate change mitigation).
Design, conduct and develop research projects to generate knowledge and explore new fronts of science in the fields of ecology, microbial soil ecology and agroecology.
The objectives of our research team is to study factors involved in the dynamics of soil biodiversity and its consequences on processes related to plant nutrition and health. Studies should be developed at different scales from organism ecology to the ecology of communities and took into account environmental changes.
- PhD (doctoral degree) in ecology, microbial ecology or agricultural sciences (or similar)
- Skills: Ecology, Data processing and statistical analysis, ecosystem approaches in a multidisciplinary context.
- Knowledge in urban agriculture would be appreciated
- Teaching skills required for the position ; ability to provide research-based teaching ; ability and motivation to pursue an academic career, as demonstrated by publications and other means
- Previous experience conceiving, executing and completing research projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and a B1 level in French would be appreciated
- Interest in interactive pedagogy (courses, applied work, field trips, student follow-up) educational innovations
This permanent position is located in Mont-Saint-Aignan, in the Rouen region. A city which is a university center of 45,000 students, including 5,000 foreigners, which includes many schools specializing in fields.
Would you like to know more about Rouen ?
Remuneration will be according to profile and experience.
How to apply
Applicants are requested to enclose with their applications a single PDF file that includes the following documents in English:
- CV ;
- A description of pedagogical expertise (max. 2 pages) ;
- A report on research activities (max. 2 pages) including a numbered list of publications ;
- A proposition of his or her research and focus his or her activities, if appointed.
Please send your application to email@example.com