As part of its international development and its diversification strategy, UniLaSalle « School of Engineering Earth & Sciences » (more information below) strengthens its teaching team and recruits for its campus in Rouen a permanent full-time teacher-researcher.
She / he will develop educational and research activities in the agro-food and agribusiness training team and Transformations & Agroresources research unit. The objective of this research unit is to work on the transformation and valorization of the entire plant, particularly in the perspective of sustainable development by focusing on the integrated scientific approach taking into account the whole processing chain of agro-resources from studies of the construction mechanisms up to studies of their properties and functions during their final use whether for food and or non-food use.
The teaching component will be more focused on biotechnologies in food and non food areas completed by the characterization of bio-products.
Conditions of employment
Post based at Mont Saint Aignan (76), 3 rue du Tronquet.
Remuneration according to profile and experience, application to send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Require to travel throughout the country and abroad
The candidate’s methodological and technological skills in biochemical, chemical and physical characterizations of bio-products as well as in agro-industrial process engineering will enable him to:
- Integrate into the research theme of the Transformations & Agro-resources unit
- Contribute to the development of scientific collaborations and business partnerships
- Get involved in drafting and monitoring national and international R & D projects.
- Promote research results by writing scientific articles and presenting at the national and international level.
- Examples of teaching (in english) and coordination of courses at master level: bioprocess, biotransformation, wastewater treatment, biofuels, fermentation, characterization of bio-products,…
- Implementation of innovative teaching techniques.
- Supervision of student projects, end-of-study projects, internship reports.
- Participation in the development of the network of agri-food companies’ partners of the school.
Contribution to the promotion of UniLasalle in various events such as; open days, study fairs, conferences, …
- PhD-degree in Biotechnologies for Agriculture and Food Industries with a good knowledge on characterization of bio-products
- Good knowledge of the food and non-food sectors
- Skills in bio-based and biodegradable materials are expected
- Teacher with a strong interest in pedagogical innovation
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to build relationships with agri-food professionals
- English proficiency, knowledge of French (B1 or more)