The Hydrogeology platform brings together tools for mastering the disciplinary fields of surface hydrological systems, groundwater and soils.
It occupies a strategic place in the Beauvaisian landscape. Its location on our chalk aquifer territory is ideal for studying the link between surface and groundwater. An optimal field of application for our researchers and students.
The 24 boreholes of our platform allow a control of the industrial plateau of the Beauvais-Tillé airport, the dry valley of the Liovette, the perennial stream valley of the Thérain, the agricultural plateau and the exchanges between the plateaux and the valleys. The analyses carried out on this platform offer the opportunity to better understand the processes of water circulation in the soil and rocks, to monitor their quality and level according to seasonal or meteorological fluctuations, and thus to anticipate and act for the protection of the resource.
- Hydrogeological explorations and characterization of aquifer environments (monolayer/multilayer systems), hydrogeological units, lithological nature
- Follow-up of measurements in the field or in the laboratory
- Determination of the hydrochemical quality of ground, surface or industrial water
- Implications in hydrogeophysics, hydrogeotechnics, agriculture etc.
- Any chemical analysis of groundwater
- Determination of water distribution at depth
- For agriculture: drainage and irrigation ;
- For the environment: risk of contamination of aquifers and rising water tables.
- Basic measurements for any hydrogeological study
- Drilling and water catchment: achievements, empty inspections
- Determination of productive areas, measurement of groundwater quality,
- Study of fractures in hydrogeological reservoirs
- Dosage of anions and cations in surface or ground water, waste water, water treatment plants, water catchments.
- Water sampler, perfectly suited for sampling groundwater, floating hydrocarbons and heavy hydrocarbons in hydrogeological drilling. A manual pump is used to pressurize before introduction into the well.
- Moisture sensor, for measuring the volumetric moisture in the soil. The instrument, portable, includes a four-tip probe, a cable, and a reading device.
- Piezometric probe, to measure the depth of the water level in boreholes, piezometers, wells, open water, reservoirs etc. The instrument, portable, consists of a 150 m centimetric graduation tape and a 15 mm electrode, associated with sound and light signals.
- Proton magnetic resonance probing, which allows to measure water content, permeability and transmissivity. The tool consists of a 100m current loop and an excitation and measurement system.
- Multiparameter probes, used to measure electrical conductivity, salinity, resistivity, turbidity, temperature. The tool, portable, is composed of an electrode and a reading device, adapted to the field and the laboratory.
- The logging probes, allowing the continuous recording of each parameter over the entire height of a borehole. The tool, bulky and heavy, includes a camera, probes, a winch and acquisition systems.
- An ICS 500 ion chromatography system, to measure the anions and cations assays. It is a laboratory instrument with advanced detection technology and application capabilities, consisting of a sample changer and a fast ion chromatography system.
The European Union with the ERDF, the Ministry of Higher Education and Research, the Picardie region.