LaSalle O3 is a research and development platform dedicated to ozone applications in the fields of agro-industry, agri-food, environment and plant chemistry.
Fields of Research
- Disinfection and stabilization of products of biological origin (disinfection of fresh and/or dry products) ;
- Depollution of agricultural and agro-industrial effluents (process, washing and/or irrigation water);
- Green chemistry and advanced chemistry applied to bio-sourced fractions (new syntheses from bio-sourced precursors)
- Valorization of bio-waste and co-products of agricultural origin (deconstruction of ligno-cellulosic biomass, functionalization of materials)
Means of testing or analysis
- Technological hall of 900 m².
- Ozone generation: several OZONIA discharge ozone generators with different maximum production capacities (from 10g to 1.5 kg O3/h)
- Ozonation pilots: several instrumented pilot devices allowing the following reactions:
- gas/liquid for Newtonian fluid (2.0 m3 max) or not (20 L max)
- gas/divided solid (50 kg max) and gas/coarse solid (80 kg max)
These reactions can be carried out with a molecular or free-radical approach thanks to several activation methods (chemical, sonochemical)
- Associated characterization laboratories: analytical chemistry, microbiology, molecular biology, microscopy, sensory analysis)
LaSalle O3 hosts the FUI OZONE2020 project, labeled by the IAR, AXELERIA and TERRALIA competitiveness clusters and led by Suez Environnement.
Its resources also enable it to exploit its own patents and to carry out technology transfer with national and international industrial partners (DUNAVIA, PAULIC, SOLIANCE-GIVAUDAN, AGCO).