Certified by the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles and developed in partnership with EM Normandie, the Specialized Master's Degree in Marketing, Communication and Engineering of Food Products (MCIPA) trains future executives in the food industry with a dual technical and marketing skill.
« With a turnover of more than €170 billion each year, the French food industry is a major player in France, Europe and the world. Normandy, a traditionally agricultural region that has always been closely linked with the food industry, is still one of France’s top regions in this sector. It is an outstanding location for cooperatives, SMEs and multinational food companies.
The Advanced Master’s in Food Marketing, Communication and Engineering (MS MCIPA) is a program designed with and for these companies. The aim of the program, which is characterized by its field-based approach, is to provide future managers in the food industry with complementary marketing and technical skills, a combination that is vital to address the development challenges currently facing the food industry. The MS MCIPA program, developed in partnership with Normandy Business School, is accredited by the French Conférence des Grandes Ecoles. It is designed to train up future policy makers, inspiring them and providing them with a sense of commitment, social responsibility and innovation. »
- Length of training: 12 months
- Master’s required
- Training location : Rouen campus
- Tuition fees: consult here
- Training accredited by the Conférence des Grandes Écoles
- The Advanced Master's in Marketing, Communication and Engineering of Food Products offers a dual skill set in management and engineering. Co-constructed with EM Normandie, the program meets the needs of the agri-food sector by focusing on operational aspects and content linked to the reality of the market, through the study of real cases and concrete teaching methods: HEC Entrepreneurs mission, corporate challenge, business dating, professional conferences, etc.
- A human-sized class and close individual follow-up
- The pooling of the resources of two Grandes Écoles: EM Normandie and UniLaSalle;
- The acquisition of a double skill: managerial and technical;
- Training accredited by the Conférence des Grandes Écoles;
- An operational training program alternating courses, missions and internships;
- Educational content directly linked to the reality of the market;
- Partners or companies very involved in the educational process;
- An active pedagogy.
An operational training with :
- a 6-month internship in a company (average salary of €1,200)
- an active pedagogy: 5-week HEC Entrepreneurs mission (in February and March), competitions, etc.
- 450 hours of training divided into 12 course modules taught by professionals and professors
- alternating between academic training (seminars and conferences) and training through experience (mission)
Some examples of mission themes
- definition of the marketing mix of a range of bakery products, with added value, intended for the general public via regional and national marketing
- proposal of sales and marketing strategies for a range of products, with a view to conquering new markets
- revision of a range of vegetable soups
The Mark'eating conference is the flagship event of the year and is organized entirely by the students of the Specialized Master's Degree in Marketing, Communication and Engineering of Food Products.
Each year, it addresses a different theme: "Norman products in the world, a legitimate ambition", "Short circuits: as close as possible to the consumer. Which actors? What strategies? What tools?", "Crisis communication in the agri-food sector", "Digital and food, what impact?
You must hold a Master’s level degree:
- Engineering degree accredited by the CTI
- Degree from a business school (Master’s level) that belongs to the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles
- Two-year Master’s from a university
- You may also hold a first-year university Master’s plus three years of professional experience in a relevant field.
The selection of candidates is based on an examination of the application file followed by an interview with an admissions committee.
One recruitment committee per month from January to July.
- Product manager
- Group manager
- Marketing consultant
- Project manager
- Marketing director
- Sales director