Combining field, laboratory, management, law and interculturality to train breeders of new varieties.
The challenges of plant breeding
This career path takes a closer look at the issues involved in plant improvement, seed production and plant breeding. The current challenge is to create new high-performance, resistant varieties, adapted to each climatic context, in order to meet market requirements.
This course also opens the door to fundamental research in plant science, with a view to pursuing a doctorate.
This course is run in conjunction with the Erasmus Mundus emPLANT+ program, which welcomes mainly English-speaking students.
In semesters 7 and 8, courses are taught as part of the first year of the emPLANT Erasmus Mundus master's program offered on the Beauvais campus.
The Master Program in Plant Breeding (emPLANT+), also known as the Master in Plant Selection, Plant Breeding and Varietal Creation, is an Erasmus Mundus-certified course of excellence, co-constructed by 6 European universities and dedicated to plant breeding and varietal creation.
In semester 9, you can choose the path you want to follow, from :
- the main major of the Plant Breeding pathway, which goes into greater depth in this field: Biotechnology and market.
This major is part of the emPLANT master's program.
- one or more opening majors, designed to broaden your skills in another field:
- Smart Ag-Tech & Biotechnology (Rouen campus)
- Intrapreneurship, Entrepreneurship and Innovation (Beauvais campus)
- a semester, double degree or degree-granting stay in France or abroad (from 12 to 18 months for a double degree or degree-granting stay)
What are the career options after Plant Breeding?
The Plant Breeding program enables you to work in plant breeding and plant biotechnology.
- Experimentation manager
- Seed production manager
They welcome our engineers
ENZA ZADEN, BAYER CROP SCIENCES, EUROSEEDS, SYNGENTA...