The Professional Bachelor's degree in Animal Nutrition Sales Technician trains technical sales representatives in animal nutrition/foodstuffs through apprenticeship. Thanks to their dual scientific/technical and commercial skills, graduates will provide technical advice and meet the expectations of professionals.
Specially developed by professionals in the sector, its educational program makes the most of the complementary nature of three partner establishments, the University of Rouen, the CFA of Yvetot and UniLaSalle, to train experienced professionals on a sandwich course.
At the end of the professional license Technico-commercial in animal nutrition, the acquired skills will allow you to :
- know how to analyze the technical and economic information of the company and the market;
- know how to present, transpose and explain the results of applied research to the field;
- know how to communicate and lead a group of producers or professional agricultural organizations (OPA) at the farm level
- know how to present the results to sell and conclude a contract.
- duration of training: 1 year
- recruitment from secondary school diploma+2
- campus : Rouen
- training delivered by apprenticeship
The advantages of the training
- the complementary nature of the three partner institutions (University of Rouen, CFA of Yvetot and UniLaSalle)
- The acquisition of a double skill: scientific/technical and commercial
- The educational program developed with professionals in the sector
- Professional training in alternation
The training program
Refresher courses (scientific and/or management/economics), harmonization of courses, acquisition of pre-requisites
- Computer science, statistics
- Socio-economic environment of the animal production sector
Digestive anatomy and physiology
- Biology related to animal production (anatomy, functional histology and cytology, microbial ecosystems)
- Digestive physiology
Raw materials and their digestive use
- Raw materials used in animal feed
- Biochemistry of feed digestion
- Digestive and metabolic utilization efficiency of feeds
Feeding and performance indicators
- Formulation and rationing
- Zootechnical, economic and environmental performance indicators
Business strategy and economics
- Organization theory
- Strategy and business economics
- Management and accounting
- Marketing - The market
Communication and commercial negotiation
- Communication, personal development and oral expression
- Business negotiation
Written thesis and oral presentation on a theme proposed by the host company and validated by the educational team.
The professional license is conducted through apprenticeship. The alternation between courses and companies is 15 days/15 days:
- 18 weeks in the center
- 34 weeks in the company, including 5 weeks of paid vacation
The teaching is provided by teachers from the three partner establishments on the Mont-Saint-Aignan campus, on the UniLaSalle and University premises, except for the practical applications in the field.
- Pre-registration on the website of the University of Rouen (0PI procedure)
- Application file to be sent to the school of the UFR Sciences et Techniques (University of Rouen) before April 15
- A first selection is made on the basis of the application file, then the candidates are invited to a 20-minute audition (mid-May)
- The application is definitively validated only after the signature of an apprenticeship contract.
- CV and cover letter writing workshops are organized in June and July to help and support you in your search for an apprenticeship contract.
Jobs and opportunities
Some examples of professions
- technical sales representative
- sector manager
- technical advisor
- sales executive
In which companies?
- companies specialized in food and animal nutrition
- agricultural cooperatives
- private groups (poultry, pigs...)