UniLaSalle's veterinary school is accessible directly after the high school diploma, via an admission on Parcoursup. Find here the conditions and terms of admission for this new program offered on the Rouen campus.
Access to 1st year
Eligibility based on application file via Parcoursup then admission following a competitive examination.
To enter the UniLaSalle veterinary school in the 1st year, you must obtain your general baccalaureate (scientific specialties) or STAV.
120 open places including :
- General final year: 115 places
- STAV final year: 5 places
Make your choices on Parcoursup until March 9, 2023, then finalize your file until April 6, 2023.
- To be in the final year of the general or STAV year, studying in France or abroad, and preparing for a baccalaureate for the first time;
- Recommended specialties for the general stream: a combination of SVT or biology-ecology; physics-chemistry; math; complementary math
- Have an outstanding academic record and possess the potential to cope with the demands and rigors of veterinary studies.
- Be of French nationality or of another authorized European nationality according to article R.812-53 of the rural and maritime fishing code.
The objective is to identify the best students to succeed in veterinary studies and make a lasting commitment to the profession - academic background, commitments, motivation for the profession - while remaining attentive to students who were unable to express their potential at high school.
- Parcoursup: UniLaSalle studies the entire Parcoursup file (first and final year grades, teachers' assessments, motivated training project, future file and interests);
- Eligibility: If the file is accepted, the student is declared eligible for the competition;
- Competition: it will be held the last week of April and the first week of May 2023, based on oral interviews and individual and team tests. No specific preparation is required. However, candidates are asked to be well informed about the veterinary profession and to have a real and not idealized awareness of the profession.
- Admission: At the end of these tests, UniLaSalle communicates the list of selected candidates in accordance with the Parcoursup calendar (from June 1, 2023)
Final admission is subject to obtaining the general or STAV baccalaureate or a foreign diploma recognized as equivalent.
Through these exchanges with the candidates, the jury will seek to understand the motivations for becoming a veterinarian, but will also bring out the personality and interpersonal skills of each student, with the aim of identifying the adequacy of the student with the Lasallian values of well-being in his studies and in his future profession.
Always in line with Lasallian values, the practical tests, in the form of a multiple-choice questionnaire and an observation test, will focus on highlighting the intrinsic capacities of each student in reflection, analysis, reasoning and ethics.
Whether in their studies or in their future practice, interactions in a group and collaboration within a team will be central to the life of the UniLaSalle veterinary student. This is why the admission tests will include a group test component that will allow each student to showcase his or her interpersonal skills in the workplace.
- from November 2022 to January 2023 : I get information and discover the courses
- from 19 January to 09 March 2023 : I register on Parcoursup and make my wishes > Veterinary training - UniLaSalle Rouen
- from March 10th to April 6th 2023 : I finalize my application file for the UniLaSalle Rouen Veterinary Training - on Parcoursup
- from April 24th to April 26th 2023 and from May 2nd to May 4th 2023 : UniLaSalle veterinary exams - I take my selection tests on the Rouen campus
- from June 1st to July 13th 2023 : I receive via Parcoursup the answers of the programs I applied for and I make my choice
- July 21, 2023: I finalize my registration with UniLaSalle via the personal identifiers transmitted by the School.
Access to the 2nd year (2023-2024 school year only)
Exceptionally, 20 places are available to enter the veterinary school directly into the second year for the 2023-2024 school year.
The following years, only admission to the 1st year will be possible.
Nationality requirements (rural code)
French nationality or nationality of a member state of the European Union or of the European Economic Area or of the Swiss Confederation (Art. R. 812-53)
Only students in their first year of higher education (baccalaureate 2022), except in the case of the ATS-bio preparatory program
- CPGE BCPST1 : 8 places
- 1st year of engineering or veterinary school abroad: 3 places
- L1 PASS-LAS or SVT major: 5 places
- Prépa ATS (students enrolled in the preparatory class ATS-Bio during the year 2022-2023): 4 places
Students in their first year at the National Veterinary School can also apply.
Applications are accepted only if the baccalaureate is passed with honors, or very good, or very good with honors, subject to the validation of the current year.
Terms and conditions of admission
The recruitment objective remains the same as for access to the 1st year: to identify the best students to succeed in veterinary studies and to make a lasting commitment to the profession - academic background, commitments, motivation for the profession - while remaining attentive to students who could not express their potential at high school.
- Application: this is done directly with UniLaSalle, via the link below. Only students who meet the prerequisites listed above may apply;
- Admissibility: After reading the applications, UniLaSalle informs the candidates individually of their situation (admissibility/non-admissibility). If the application is accepted, the student is invited to take the competitive examination;
- Competition: No specific preparation is required. However, candidates are asked to be well informed about the veterinary profession and to have a real and not idealized awareness of the profession;
Admission: At the end of these tests, UniLaSalle informs the candidates individually of their situation (admission/non-admission).
- From March 15 to May 5, 2023: Submission of applications on the UniLaSalle site
- June 21, 22 and 23, 2023: Admission exam for the 2nd year in person on the Rouen campus
- June 30, 2023: Admission results sent by e-mail.
Students applying must be aware that a great deal of remedial work will be required on arrival in the 2nd year, given the heterogeneity of each student's background and the specific subjects already covered during the 1st year at UniLaSalle.