Create vocations. While most engineers intend to pursue careers in companies, some want to pursue another path: that of research.
Our role at UniLaSalle is to participate in the emergence of these scientific vocations, notably through :
- the reception of thesis students within UnilaSalle's research units;
- Introductory modules on research and reflection on research within the engineering curriculum;
- the writing of an introductory thesis on research in the third year of the Earth and Environmental Sciences Engineering program;
- full-scale" academic projects in the 4th and 5th years of the engineering curriculum, two-thirds of which revolve around Research & Development issues (compared to one-third for operational issues).
Training through research promotes the acquisition of skills that are essential for engineers. Dynamic and concrete, combining field work, laboratory analyses and exchanges with partner companies, it teaches engineering students to :
- develop a critical eye;
- acquire rigor and organization;
- master scientific methods;
- work on a research platform with restricted access in complete security.
Preparing a thesis at UniLaSalle
Focused on sustainable development, the research conducted at UniLaSalle offers a wide variety of topics in Earth, life and environmental sciences. Each year, the various research units propose several thesis projects in line with these themes.
By preparing a thesis at UniLaSalle, the doctoral student will lead his or her project from the production of new knowledge to its application in business, drawing on the expertise of the research units.
Funding a thesis at UniLaSalle
Several scholarship schemes and systems have been set up, at both national and regional levels, to support doctoral training.
The CIFRE (industrial agreement for training through research) allows the doctoral student to benefit from the full financing of his thesis by the company that employs him. The doctoral student will then share his time between his company and his host laboratory.
The doctoral student also has the possibility to finance his thesis via :
- A scholarship from the Ministry
- A scholarship from the region
- An ADEME grant
- Private co-financing
- A 100% private scholarship
Terms and Conditions
In order to be able to complete a thesis at UniLaSalle, the doctoral student will have to register at the Doctoral School to which his/her research unit is attached:
- The units AGHYLE UP 2018.C101, B2R (URR 7511) and Processing and Agroresources (ULR 7519) are attached to the doctoral school ED Sciences, Technology and Health n° 585 (ED STS) of the University of Picardie Jules Verne.
- The INTERACT UP 2018.C102 unit is attached to the ED Sciences pour l'Ingénieur doctoral school n° 71 of the UTC.
The units AGHYLE UP 2018.C101, INTERACT UP 2018.C102 and Processing and Agroresources (ULR 7519) are attached to the doctoral school ED Normande de Biologie Intégrative, Santé, Environnement n° 497 (ED NBise) of Normandy University.
The CYCLANN unit is attached to the doctoral school ED Matière Molécules et Matériaux n° 596 (ED 3M) of the Université de Bretagne Loire.
Discover our thesis offers
Find our thesis offers in the Work at UniLaSalle section.
The Research Workshops, an internal training program for scientific personnel
Reserved for an internal audience, the Research workshops led by the Research and Development Department aim to support UniLaSalle's teacher-researchers, post-docs and scientific staff in their R&D efforts.
A few examples of workshops:
- Writing a scientific article,
- Open Science,
- How to set up and monitor an R&D project
- How to position yourself in search