International training open to all
For the 2nd year, AgriLab UniLaSalle is recognized as an accredited training center by the FabAcademy.
In this context, the UniLaSalle Agricultural Collaborative Innovation Centre opens registrations for its training course "Learning Rapid Prototyping in 6 Months".
The objective of the training is to learn how to "Make (almost) everything" through a different pedagogy: distributed training.
This 6-month program, in English, will start in January 2021 and will allow to learn rapid prototyping by making a personal project, whatever it is.
The flexibility of this program is illustrated by the diversity of projects: digital musical instrument, kinetic sculpture, home automation, prostheses, drone, robot, connected object, agricultural or geology equipment...
The work, supervised by 2 trainers, is to be carried out with AgriLab equipment (located on the Beauvais campus).
Each week, the students participate in a global network via an online campus, composed of about 250 students in 70 FabLabs around the world.
A 20-week program
1. digital fabrication principles and practices – 1 week
2. computer-aided design, manufacturing, and modeling – 1 week
3. computer-controlled cutting – 1 week
4. electronics design and production – 2 weeks
5. computer-controlled machining – 1 week
6. embedded programming – 1 week
7. 3D molding and casting – 1 week
8. collaborative technical development and project management – 1 week
9. 3D scanning and printing – 1 week
10. sensors, actuators, and displays – 2 weeks
11. interface and application programming – 1 week
12. embedded networking and communications – 1 week
13. machine design – 2 weeks
14. digital fabrication applications and implications – 1 week
15. invention, intellectual property, and business models – 1 week
16. digital fabrication project development – 2 weeks
- Training open to all
- A strong presence, motivation and involvement are essential
- Mandatory technical English language proficiency, training, exchanges with the community, and writing documentation entirely in English.
- Registrations before 15/12/2020
- Training from late January 2021 to mid-July 2021
- Duration: 20 weeks (3 hours of video classes with an international instructor + 2 hours of video exchanges between labs, 3 hours of class with the local instructor + minimum 20 hours of personal work in the lab)
- Location: AgriLab, on the UniLaSalle - Beauvais campus
- A trip (optional) for the graduation ceremony during the festival gathering all the fablab of the world mid-August in Montreal for this 2021 session (see program)