UniLaSalle's research units rely on high-level scientific and technical facilities to meet the R&D challenges they face.
The school hosts, on its various campuses, research platforms oriented towards cutting-edge technologies geared towards sustainable development.
The scientific and technological platforms are structured and placed at the service of the various research programmes in accordance with the strategic lines defined by UniLaSalle.
- AgroRTech: a new structure dedicated to the valorisation of agro-resources and co-products in biosourced materials;
- Hydrogeology: a platform dedicated to the understanding of surface hydrographic systems, groundwater and soils;
- LaSalle O3: a platform dedicated to the applications of ozone in the fields of agro-industry, agri-food, the environment and plant chemistry;
- Normand Serre: a platform dedicated to the production and development of plants, bringing together players in the plant and agronomic sciences in Normandy;
- Mechanical engineering platform: a platform dedicated to the modeling/simulation of manufacturing processes and characterization of residual constraints.
The other technical facilities
This platform allows to measure the biological state of soils, the richness of its biodiversity and the dynamics of its functional activity by microbiology measurements, identification and enumeration by epifluorescence microscopy, cytometry, molecular biology, Biolog© functional fingerprinting, genetic fingerprinting (sequencer, enzymologies & spectrophometry)
- evaluation and validation of agricultural innovations,
- 60 ha of agricultural land exclusively dedicated to open field experimentation (micro- and meso-plots as well as "producer" plots)
- available agricultural land of about 350 ha spread over 2 farms,
- experimentation in controlled conditions and confined environment possible.
- automated extraction robot for genetic material (QIACUBE),
- automated sample preparation robot (QIAGILITY),
- 2 real-time quantitative PCR (AB 7300 and ROTORGENE),
- 1 sequencer (AB 3100),
- 1 bioanalyzer (AGILENT 2100).
- epidemiological studies,
- characterization of populations of phytopathogenic fungi (biodiversity, genetic markers, pathogenicity),
- control of plant diseases (fungicidal efficiency in particular),
- study of varietal resistance and tolerance.
- biochemical analysis of food matrices and fate of biochemical markers (vitamins, Maillard products, macronutrients ...) during agro-industrial and/or food processes,
- physico-chemical characterization of plant raw materials for the evaluation of their technological aptitudes (molecular distribution of polysaccharide and/or protein polymers ...),
- development of plant selection tools for phenotyping stages (high throughput screening of protein subunits, etc.).
This platform allows to estimate the structural and agronomic qualities of soils through biophysicochemical and granulometric analyses, by separative methods (MARSX,...TOC, CPG, HPLC,...), by thermogravimetry or infrared spectrometry.
- studies of oxidation reactions,
- thematic studies of disinfection, sterilization, pasteurization, depollution,
- kinetic studies of cooking,
- kinetic studies of drying.
- determination of the standard index of "crystallinity" of illite (diagenesis and low temperature metamorphism),
- mineralogical study applied to sands used in foundry,
- mineralogical study of alteration profiles,
- study of differential settlement of terrestrial and marine soils (soil mechanics),
- petroleum microfaciological analyses,
- geophysical and hydrogeological studies.
- quantification and identification of microorganisms,
- study of virulence factors,
- production methods,
- kinetics and biomass monitoring,
- study of the sanitary quality of food,
- study of the decontamination of food products,
- studies of microbiological strains of alteration,
- studies of fermentation processes.
- research and innovation in product preparation and processing techniques
- research and innovation for household appliances,
- preparation of dishes and organoleptic tests within the framework of nutritional clinical studies,
- translational research on the dietary behavior of sick and healthy people.