The Master of Science "Agricultural & Food Data Management" is at the interface between High Technology and Agriculture & Food. It ranges from the processing of data retrieved by connected objects such as drones, satellites, tablets, telephones, data on the behavior of actors in a sector, to the management and analysis of massive data for decision support.
By 2020, Big Data will revolutionize business, whether in management, research & development or marketing. The very rapid development of digital technology is leading to the development of a new activity for agriculture and requires new skills. The objective of the Master of Science is to train Data Scientists for the agriculture and food industry.
- Forge an expertise in Big Data management, which has become a key factor in the performance and growth of companies;
- Acquire computer and statistical techniques, data mining and machine learning applied to agriculture and the food industry, with a particular focus on precision agriculture;
- Developing a good command of statistical software and programming languages will be a real strength for students interested in research and development in areas such as plant nutrition and plant and animal epidemiology.
Venue: Rouen campus
- Length of training: 18 months
- Language: English
- Bachelor’s or first-year Master’s required
- Program type: conventional, block release, continuing education
- Venue : Rouen Campus
- Scholarship from 10 to 75%
- Tuition fees: See here
The training program
- Agriculture and Event of Big Data
- Data Quality Management in Agriculture
- Data Analysis Applied to Agriculture
- Survey Methods
- Software Engineering
- IT Big Data Management I
- Cross Fields
- Machine Learning Methods
- IT Big Data Management II
- Quantitative Image Analysis
- Cross Fields
- Big Data Project: the project topic is proposed and led by a company, and supervision is provided by associate professors. Students create a decision support tool for intelligent agriculture, build predictive models to limit epidemics or design innovative software.
- Six-month internship as part of an internship agreement or professional training contract in companies such as NatUp, SODIAAL, Promize (ISAGRI), Evolution XY or Agrial Maïsadour.
- Two 4-week missions fixed by the companies and supervised by professionals.
- French or non-French applicants with a first-year Master's or a Bachelor's from another country specializing in biology, ecology or life and earth sciences; agricultural engineer; informatics and mathematics.
- Exceptionally, students with a Bachelor's degree or equivalent whose outstanding academic results or professional experience guarantee their success on the program.
Professions and opportunities
- Data Scientist - Data Miner
- Chief Data Officer
- Master Data manager
- Data designer
- Data / Business Analyst
- Epidemiologist (animal and plant)
- Animal Health Observatory Manager
- Agronomy student
- Agricultural Machinery Designer